5.17.2010

our first blogger award

Thanks, Marissa, from The Hardest Job on Earth, for bestowing this award upon us! Given the week we had last week, it is much needed and very appreciated.

Here are the rules of this Award: (This feels a bit reminiscent of a chain letter, doesn't it? Remember those? I think I ended up with a bunch of dish towels once...)

1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 5* bloggers (note that this number should be 10, but that's tough when you're a new mama blogger!) who you have discovered and who you think are fantastic.
4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.

So, 7 things about myself:
1. I'm a first-time mom to the sensational 4 1/2-month-old Sam. I can't really remember life before he arrived. It was certainly incomplete.

2. A perfect day to me would be plopping down a blanket in the grass and laughing, reading, and relaxing with my husband and son.

3. I have lived in 6 states since becoming a "grown-up." I've now lived in Massachusetts longer than any of those states.

4. I loved being pregnant. I confess: I still read Fit Pregnancy magazine.

5. I'm a Senior Editor at a textbook publishing company.

6. I heart wine and cheese. Mmmm.

7. I had no idea the mommy blogging world was this HUGE! I like that it's also a small world, as I keep running into many of you all over cyberspace.

And now I'll pass the award on to the following fab blogs:
~Designs by Vanessa: I love Vanessa's blog design and artsy flair. Someday, I hope to win one of her giveaways. ;)
~Me and My Boys: Abby has well-written reviews and a lot of 'em!
~Mommy Words: I recently discovered Brittany's blog and love her heartfelt and genuine posts.
~Daily Life With Alison and Chloe: One of the most dedicated mama bloggers out there, and now she's got two beautiful girls. (Okay, I'm a little biased since she's my sis-in-law and the girls are my nieces, but I mean it.)
~rookie moms: I had completely forgotten about this great blog until I went searching in my blog bookmarks folder. (Duh on my part!) Funny and informative.

xo,
Mama Riser

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Thanks so much for thinking of me and my blog!! You are so sweet!!

RookieMom Heather said...

Thanks so much for thinking of us. We're delighted.